One of my drives has never shown up in Drivepool

scootsy

Question

I have 8 drives, but from my very first install Drivepool has only seen 7. I've searched through past posts to find other users who've experienced the same issue, including resetting all settings--but no dice. Any suggestions to help me figure out what is preventing this drive from being visible?

1 answer to this question

Are you using internal HDDs or external USB drives? Are all the drives showing up in Disk Management? I have 19 USB 3.0 HDDs in my DrivePool, and when I reboot my server, it is all too common that the computer cannot load all my USB HDDs in either DrivePool or Disk Management. It loads most of them, but not all. I'm sure it's a Windows thing. My fix was to buy a powered USB hub with individual on/off switches. After I boot up my server, I bring each USB HDD online, one at a time (takes about 30 seconds, each), and then all my USB HDDs will be recognized.

It has been my experience that a weak or failing HDD may not load up along with the others. If you consistently have the same HDD not loading, that might be another area to consider.

Also, I would suggest installing that missing HDD into a different slot or on a different USB port to see if that makes any difference. You could have a bad or weak cable on your motherboard or interface. Best wishes.