Move media folders

Bigsease30

Question

Hello. I recently had my main HD fail that was hosting my OS (server 2012 r2 essentials). I reinstalled the OS on a new HD and got everything up and running. I then installed stablebit and added my 8 x 3TB drives back to the server and my data was there untouched. In the OS all my media folders (Music, Movies, Pics ect) are back in their default locations and when I try to move them back to the pool I get an error saying that they are already there (they are because thats where they were when my HD crashed)

How do I restore them back to the drivepool from the main HD without having to move data or more importantly losing it?

7 answers to this question

Yes, you will need to use the WSS Troubleshooter to do this, ideally (otherwise, it's fairly round about to accomplish this).

however, you'll want to use this version specifically:

http://dl.covecube.com/WssTroubleshoot/Release/download/Wss.Troubleshoot_2.0.0.1.exe

Thanks for the reply but I got brave and decided to rename my shares on the pool then move the server shares over. I then copied all the files over to the corresponding folders and walla! Everything is now as it once was. Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the reply but I got brave and decided to rename my shares on the pool then move the server shares over. I then copied all the files over to the corresponding folders and walla! Everything is now as it once was. Thanks for the help!

Well, that is the "round about" method that I was mentioning. :)

Though, it may be a good idea to download it and save it somewhere safe for the future.

Dang! I have been using version 1.0.0.169!

The main difference between the two is 2.0.0.1 is meant for "Essentials", and 1.0.0.169 is meant for WHS2011.