Transfer license

gringott

Question

I had one server with Drivepool and Stablebits Scanner program. Long story short, it has issues both hardware and software. I was able to move one pool of about 36 TB to another server, and I purchased another license to run on that machine. This made remote access to the drivepool on the second machine work right for the first time, which is nice.

Long story short, after a lag in time, I was busy with other projects, I am going to rebuilt the other server. However, it boots but I can't log in. When I use the remote access for drivepool, I can get to it but the manage license tab does not show up. Way back I did this before [destroyed a build and then used the same license key] and I got an email from you guys; obviously worried that I was  using a key more than once.

I understand that, and that is why I am asking now how you want me to do this.

I am about to do the other server, so how do you want me to proceed?

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

First, I'm sorry to hear about the server problems. as that is never a pleasant experience.

And no, the "manage license" option is not available remotely.

However, in this case, could you open a ticket? Since this is a licensing issue, I don't want you to post any potentially sensitive information here.

https://stablebit.com/Contact

I'm not entirely sure about the email comment here, I'd need more context. But a quick search, and it does appear that you do have 2 licenses for DrivePool, so you're fine (you can have up to ten licenses of each product attached to a single activation ID).

But if you're planning on rebuilding the server, just go ahead. Activate the trial period (30 days) and then contact us.

Though, if you could run "msinfo32" on that system and include the "BIOS Date/Version" info from that in the ticket, it will expediate the process.

We'll then deactivate the license on our end, so you can activate it on the new install.