error removing drive & duplication inconsistent errors

amanteka

Question

this is a new windows 8.1 pc 64-bits, 32GB ram, i7-4790k cpu and stablebit v2.1.1.561. the pool was created on another pc with windows 7 64-bits, 16GB ram, i7-don't remember number cpu and stablebit 2.0.0.420. these are 7 HDDs in a sans digital TR8U usb 3 case. when connected to the new pc, i got a warning message about duplication inconsistet (there is no duplication in this pool) and a suggestion to manually erase the inconsisten file \System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid - File parts different. i found out that this file is not possible to delete, so, i got the idea just to remove one HDD, reformat the drive, add it again to the pool and proceed to the next HDD and do the same. the problem is that a few minutes after starting removing (using the remove option of drivepool of course) the usb connection was dropped from windows and the pool too. so, after changing the case to another usb 3 port and turn in on, drivepool detected the pool again, but now i'm getting an error of Error Removing Drive and now i can't remove the drive adding to the first error that made me to remove the HDD. photos of the errors attached. any ideas and/or suggestions? thanks!

UPDATE!

good news, after resetting all settings, the remove hard drive error went away, still the inconsistent duplication continues

post-1321-0-93690800-1415400050_thumb.jpg

post-1321-0-54188200-1415400058_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Ugh, I hate that folder, it causes issues all the time, and it's not usable on the pool, actually.

To delete it, you need to take ownership of the folder first. Then you can delete it.

To take ownership, enable "Show hidden files" in windows, right click on the folder, select "Properties". Then head to the "Security" tab, and click on Advanced. You may need to click on the "Change Permissions" button to change the owner. But change the owner to "Administrators", and check the "replace owner on all child entries" option. Hit "Ok", agree to the prompts that come up, and then you should be able to delete the folder.

As for why it came up as such, it's hard to tell after the fact, but if I had to hazard a guess, one or more files got locked or moved AFTER the file had been balanced and moved to another drive. So it kept both files. Then the duplication code flagged the files, but were unable to delete them, because they were locked somehow. 

thanks! worked perfectly, but i went to every HDDs and removed the folder individually using command prompt. i removed the folder from the pool, but noticed that the error continued, so, i went to all the HDDs and assign the permissions, but the windows delete option didn't do anything (using delete and permanently delete), so, i used command prompt to erase the folder on each of the HDDs and the error went away. thanks for all your help!