Server 2012r2 Dashboard

andybflo

Question

Hi!

I'm running Server Essentials 2012r2, and just updated to Scanner 2.5.1.3062

Until this most recent update, it's been integrated in to the Dashboard; I'd prefer to have it there again, as opposed to a Standalone program. Any ideas how to return it to a tab on the Dashboard?

Thanks-

-Andy

7 answers to this question

If you installed the standalone app, then uninstall it, and install the "WHS2011" version.

The standalone ("Windows 7") version is meant for any OS without a dashboard. But the "WHS2011" version is for any OS with a Dashboard.

If you do have the WHS2011 one installed (the installer should have had a "WSSX" extension), then open the dashboard in safe-mode. To do this from a client, load up the login program for the dashboard, and click on the "Options" text. Select the "Allow me to select which add-ins to load" option, and then log in. Make sure that "Scanner" is enabled.

Hi Chris!

So; I'm just getting around to this issue (Don't ask, my work kind of exploded between November and now. Been crazy busy...)

When I attempt to install the WSSX file, it tells me the program is already installed on my system. If I boot into the Dashboard/Safe Mode, it's not listed as an add-in, and... If I look under Add/Remove Programs, it's not shown as installed. 

So, it *thinks* it's in there (I'm assuming a hook in the registry somewhere), but it's not. Yet it is. As confused as I am yet? 

Thoughts as to where I can start cleaning out registry entries, and get this back up? 

-Andy

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Scanner_Q8964978B

That's instructions on how to completely remove StableBit Scanner from the system.

If that doens't work, then try this:

StableBit.Scanner_2.5.1.3062_Release.msi

Download it and copy it to the server. On the server, right click on the file and select "Uninstall". Once that's finished, do so again, just to make sure.

Chris-

So; I've deleted those three subfolders... 

I still got the message "This add-in is already installed on your server and computers in your network" (or close.)

Tried the .msi route. It states "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."

Any other thoughts? 

-Andy

I was afraid of that.... :(

Download the "installed" version (that you used last). Make sure it's the WSSX version, and copy it to the server.  Rename it from ".WSSX" to ".CAB". You should be able to extract the files from it. Grab the MSI file from there, and attempt to do the "Uninstall" option from it.

If that doesn't work, it may require digging into the registry and removing the "uninstall" information.

Chris-

So; I tried your trick it didn't work, but... 

I figured, what the heck. Let's try to install from the .msi. It installed, and integrated into the dashboard.

Why? How? I dunno. It worked. That seems to be all I care about. ;)

Thanks for your help-

-Andy