Drive size/balancing weirdness

nauip

Question

image.thumb.png.332114fe7070e85e31f5ed5e0d594ec6.png

Drives A and B are the same make/model.

A is on the MB and B is on an add-in controller. (a necessity for the time being)

They are formatted exactly the same and Windows says they are the same logical size, as does Steblebit Scanner (the 2 left frames).

But DrivePool wants to be weird and call them slightly different sizes.

Also the balancing is weird, but I'm not so worried about that. I suspect it is related to DrivePool thinking they are different size drives.
I'm not sure if Drive A is getting shorted or Drive B is getting bonus space. 3.65 seems to agree with Windows and Scanner.

This is a pretty minor issue, but it's kinda driving me nuts.

3 answers to this question

I am seeing this issue as well. I replaced two 8TB drives with one 16TB using the normal drive removal procedure. Prior to the drive removal all of my drives reported the correct sizes. As with the OP, Windows and Scanner report the correct drive sizes. [edit] If I hover over a specific drive I'm also seeing an asterisk next to the space used (see screenshot). I don't recall seeing that before either.

dp1.jpg

scan1.JPG

dp2.jpg

Weird. I physically removed the two 8TB drives (the ones replaced by the 16TB drive) and now my drive sizes show as normal. I have two more 8TB drives to replace this weekend, so we'll see if the same issue recurs.