Scanner 2.5.0.3053 upgrade question

arrowd

Question

I thought I updated my Scanner to v 2.5.3053 and that is what the server Dashboard Add-ins tab shows. But the scanner All Settings window still says 2.4.0.2929 at the bottom. Plus I don't see some new things noted in the release notes - like Settings -> Heat -> "Warning threshold:".

To do the upgrade, I double clicked on the new download stored on a client computer. When I noticed the above I also rebooted the server but no change. Should I have removed the old version first?

7 answers to this question

I'm guessing your using WHS2011 or similar OS (that has a dashboard).

In theory, it should fail to install or upgrade successfully, but it's not doing either.

Could you uninstall StableBit Scanner from the dashhoard, and then reinstall it. It should fix your issue, and retain all of your settings.

Yes, it is WHS 2011. I went to the dashboard, Addins tab, selected Scanner and clicked remove this addin. Said it removed.

But the Scanner tab is still there and showing 2.4.0.2929 at the bottom left.  Rebooted the server with the same result. So, it doesn't seem to have been removed but it doesn't show up in the list of addins.

Any suggestions?

i just invoked the nuclear option. When reinstalled, it wanted a license #. The license I have says "StableBit Scanner, 1x Machine, Personal Retail License" but when I attempt to activate it, it tells me there's no license for that machine. I had 2.4 running successfully immediately before this. How do I resolve it? (I'll activate the 30-day trial in the meantime.)

Thanks

Chris

How do I resolve it? (I'll activate the 30-day trial in the meantime.)

Contacting support is the best way (https://stablebit.com/Contact), and you've already done that, and I've deactivated the license.

And I'm glad to hear that you've already activated the trial version. We recommend doing so in any situation where there is an issue with your license.