File Balancing on Multiple Drives OMG

marquis6461

Question

I've had Stablebit for years and never had so much as a problem until now.

I organized a Drivepool as T: and all subdirectories as A,B,C,etc.

They contain all of my TV Series and have been fine for a long time.  Until the system somehow reset all of the settings and then balanced the entire pool across 10 8TB drives.

I had all of the A on one drive and B on the next and so forth according to the whole size of the series.  It was simple math to combine Z Y X V on one drive and use a small rule for each of the others to keep the drives and the files organized.  The duplication was on separate drives also.  Until one day when an external 4TB USB Brick started going offline and then back online.  My system basically crashed and burned.  All of the pool drives reset and began moving files nilly willy.

When I tried to reset all of the rules on the different directories the system tried but eventually the system ground to a halt.  The files were in worse shape and I had to spend hours and I mean hours moving files.

I just want to let everyone know that this can happen.

And yes, it happened when I did not upgrade from the 12 version.  I upgraded and I will let you know the results.  I even tried making rules 3 levels deep.  No joy.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet