Drive missing, but also showing

Allineedis

Question

Hi,

A bit of a weird one. Drivepool is showing one of my drives as missing, but is also listed under drives that are part of the pool. So I am seeing that drive twice.

It seems that drivepool somehow see drive K twice (also states 19 drives are part of the pool, I only have 18 drives/18 bays).

Is it save to " remove" that missing drive? Or should I remove the drive that is still in the pool.

I attached a snip it from the dashboard.

Can somone advise, before I do something stupid.. :rolleyes:

Thanks

post-1365-0-02523200-1407061925_thumb.png

6 answers to this question

Did some further digging and found that on that drive (K:) there were 2 pool-part folders. One 0byte and the other with data. I deleted the pool-part folder with 0bytes (had to take ownership first?). But that did not change the dash status.

I also cannot remove the drive (which is part of the pool) from the pool, because of the message that the drive cannot be removed due to a missing drive.

When trying to remove the drive that is flagged as missing, I get the warning that everything will be lost on that drive once I choose that option.

I am currently making a back-up of the data from K, before I loose that data.

Next plan would be as soon as the data is save to remove the drive from drive pool. First the "missing" one and afterwards, the one in the pool. Format the drive. and re-add it to the pool. Is that the way? Or am I missing something?

OK, thanks for the respons. Did that. And it seemed to work, but now I have the following issues:

• It won't accept my license key. I have 3 keys and they are identical. I tried capital or non capital letters. For now I activated the 30 day trial. Sure this will be solved. Who do I have to contact?
  • It appears that I "miss" quite some data. Although it appears that it is misplaced? For example in my Movie folder, I have a folder for the movie Royal Tennenbaums. In this folder there is no movie file located anymore only an xml file and a few jpegs. If I search for Tennenbaums in Windows Eplorer it finds the movie file as well. When trying to play the movie the player returns "No file found". Weird is also that under the properties of that mkv file the size under general is 0bytes and under details 29.3 GB (same as in Windows Explorer). This is the case for 101 movies.

I started balancing in the hope that that solves it. How can I check and solve this further?

contact us at https://stablebit.com/Contact

Please use the name and/or email that you purcahsed the license with. Or post the activation ID there.

Also, if you do have multiple licenses, run "msinfo32" and let us know what the BIOS Date/Version information is.

If the file is not there, check each disk for the "PoolPart" folders (they should be hidden"). There should only be one of these folders on each drive. If there are more, then you may need to merge the contents (move the contents of one folder to the other). 

I will send the license info to you guys.

But for now I am kinda stuck. The pool has finished balancing. But still it looks like I have lost well over a hundred large files. What baffles me is that if I check drives where that movies are located, what I am seeing makes no sense. As an example, one of my 4 TB drive, has used 2.7 TB of it's capacity. When checking the drive directly the total size of the pool part folder is only roughly 60 GB. So where is the remaining 2.^ TB. This is a new drive. I have the option of show hidden files enabled, even checked the option to show hidden system files. All this has started after adding 3 new drives and subsequent balancing.

So I am hoping that the data (movies) are still on the drives, but drive-pool nor windows does not know how to access them? Or am I just rambling now? :-)

Another weird thing. Under the scanner, I have a Samsung 1TB drive showing as 2.00TB ?

I am lost, is there some logfile or something else that I can send that would help to make sense?

If you send the "C:\ProgramData\StableBit DrivePool" folder to us, we can take a look at that.

As for the space that isn't showing up, it is possible that it's being taken up by the "Volume shadow copy service". If it is, it wouldn't show up normally. You can however see the files by using the "previous versions" feature.