We need a Serial Number on *Every Warning*!

nauip

Question

image.png.341ab88adb07dee511f5e57794f19463.png

Lucky me! I only have 4 of these. One of them is very unhappy. I am also very unhappy because I cannot figure out which one is the culprit. I will likely have to pull them one at a time a boot up each time until my system is less cranky.

1 answer to this question

No Problem.  If you start the Scanner an look down the status column.  The scanner will have identified the drive as Damaged.

My suggestion is to use Spinrite from GRC.com to read the damaged areas for any data you want to keep and either lock out that damaged area or try to fix it.

Spinrite is from Steve Gibson and has worked on a lot of hard drives I have.  Usually this type of error is the result of the manufacturer and not due to mishandling of the drive.

I can tell you for sure you would have had a larger number on a dropped drive.

if you come to the end of your rope.  Here is a last ditch effort I use on shaky drives.

1. Fill the drive with info from a spare drive of the same size.

2. Move the info from the affected drive back to your spare drive.

When you get the error that the file can't be moved them rename the file Damaged01.dat and make it hidden

Your drive will still have some use in it but then I suggest you turn off the notifications for that drive.