Feature Request: Monitor CPU and Mainboard Temperature

falc410

Question

I really like the scanner and the option to be notified via email but I'd like to it to monitor the temperature of the Mainboard and CPU as well. I know there are other tools available, freeware as well, but I don't want to install too much stuff on my server. Less is more (stable) in this case. So I don't like the idea of having Speedfan or some Desktop Tools from the Mainboard Manufacturer run on a Server 2012. Also those tools don't integrate into the Dashboard.

3 answers to this question

That's a good suggestion!

I've flagged it for Alex here:

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/6263

Alex and I were actually talking about something like this recently. And to be honest, I feel that this would be better as a separate product, that integrates with the others and the dashboard, as opposed to integrating it with StableBit Scanner.

I know that goes against the "less is better" idea (to which I wholeheartedly agree), but it feels too "bulky" to include it with StableBit Scanner. Especially as there will definitely be people that want to use that feature, but maybe not StableBit Scanner.

I would totally be into this as well! I'm running WHS 2011 and would find it SO convenient if Scanner had this feature! Basically, Scanner would WIN so much since it has e-mail notifications built in so I could be e-mailed if my CPU gets too hot, you know? Speedfan can do that too, but the manual configuration is just a PITA.