Can't get Scanner_RunningFile to work properly.

bathingape

Question

Hi - I have stablet drivepool and scanner and what fantastic products.

I have recently added Lights Out to my WHS 2011 Add-Ins and want to get it to work with Stablebit Scanner.

I see from this link: http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_Scanner_Advanced_Settings that I am able to configure a config file so that there is a file created called Scanner_RunningFile when a disk scan is in progress.  However I am unable to get Stablebit Scanner to create this file.

My attempts to edit the config file either result in the service not starting, or the service starting but not file appearing when scan is in progress.  Is anyone able to provide me a copy of the config file with all settings remaining as default except the Scanner_RunningFile ?

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Which version of StableBit Scanner are you using?

Also, what path are you using?

Also, the value should look like:

<value>C:\running.txt</value>

Thank you very much for the reply.  I can confirm that entering the value above gives me the text file.  I was under the impression that it was just a TRUE or FALSE switch which placed a text file in the install directory :)

I am running version 2.4.0.2929

Also, if the only thing I wish to use is the running.txt file, what parts of the .config file are safe to remove?

Okay, well, I'll see about clarifying that in the documentation then. 

But yeah, this lets you create the file anywhere, basically. Point it at a path that you want, and you're set. Very good for those that are ... on the OCD side, such as myself. :)

As for what can be removed, most of it. I'm not sure how familiar with XML you may be, but anything not in the same "sections" can be removed. 

However, if you're not very familiar with XML, I would recommend leaving everything. Also, just in case you need any of the other settings later on, as well.

The "Configsections" and "system.diagnostics" sections need to remain.

However, anything in "ApplicationSettings" or "UserSettings" can be removed safely.

And actually, I've attached a sample config file with the bare minimum of what you'd need.

Scanner.Service.exe.config

The "Configsections" and "system.diagnostics" sections need to remain.

However, anything in "ApplicationSettings" or "UserSettings" can be removed safely.

And actually, I've attached a sample config file with the bare minimum of what you'd need.

attachicon.gifScanner.Service.exe.config

you have been a fantastic help.  Many thanks.  This has worked perfectly.

:)