New Version 2.3.0.1385 Reliability and Features

GreenApple

Question

Hello,

I wanted to check with the community about upgrading from version 2.2.5.1237 to version 2.3.0.1385.

I have a very simple system with the latest version of Windows 10 (I only have Stablebit products installed, no other software).

While I was copying files over the network last night, the system locked up and could not be recovered. The only item showing on the screen was the DrivePool icon in the system try which is not normally displayed.

I experienced a very serious situation with a corrupted boot sector and could not reset the system or boot to safe mode. I had to reinstall Windows to get the system going again and I lost any files on C: (I unplugged all of the DrivePool drives as a precaution). I now have the system running and Stablebit Scanner shows that the SSD boot drive is healthy and I don't what could have caused the crash.

Before I re-install DrivePool, I wanted to check if this issue was perhaps caused DrivePool automatically updating to the new version. I want to restore the pool but before I decide which version to install, I wanted to check for advice from this community. Based on the changelog, the newly released DrivePool seems to provide new cloud features that I will not use.

I have only a simple use for our family photos, videos, and backups and prefer the simplest, most reliable, and most secure version.

I would like to share more troubleshooting information but Windows was not recoverable and I could not obtain any logs of events.

Thanks for any help or advice you may be able to provide.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet