Remove old, no longer needed pool, but retain files?

Quatchy

Question

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I have read a lot of posts and couldn't directly find the answer I was looking for. I have a lot of data at stake in this, and want to make sure I do it right! :-)

I used to have two cloud drives (about 170TB of data each, 280TB available), let's call them "A" & "B" made up of pooled drives (partitions of around 55TB each pooled into "one" drive) in a pool together - "D". Due to a change on how I want to retain my data I removed one of the two drives ("A") from "D" and now "A" is just its own, independent pool with its own data. This has left me with the remaining cloud drive pool ("B") being the only drive left in the original media pool ("D"), which is working fine, but seems a little pointless/silly to have a drive pool for one drive.

What is the best procedure to remove this remaining drive ("B") from the original pool ("D") while still retaining all the files and folders on the drive? I want to set drive "B" to be the drive my server sees instead of "D" and pulls the data from. Do i just use the "remove drive" function within "D"? do i stop the service, move the data out of the poolpart folder on "D" and paste it on "B"?

In the end I would like to be left with two, independent drives - "A" & "B", no "D" drive, and retaining/moving all the data currently in "D" to "B".

I look forward to your response, as always, and hope that what i wrote above makes sense!

1 answer to this question