Any way to preserve timestamp of rebalanced files?

mr_yellow

Question

Hi, 

I've noticed that when files get rebalanced (moved from disk to disk), the timestamps of those files get updated.  Is it possible to prevent this?  this messes things up since I like to sort by date to see newest media first...  

Thanks,

7 answers to this question

I'm running drivepool version 2.1.1.561

on Windows Server 2012 R2

I've just realized that it's the directories that are getting new timestamps... not the files themselves...  Sorry for the confusion...  Eitherway, preserving the timestamp of the directories would be great too... just not as crucial as the file timestamps which *is* being preserved as far as I can tell...

Well, if that's the case, it may be a much more simple fix. 

And could you make sure that Windows Search is disabled on the pooled disks?

Windows Search is currently configured to index the shared folders and IE history.  There's nothing that indicates it's searching directly the drivepool or the drivepool drives.  However, the shared folders DO reside on the drivepool drive...

FYI I have windows explorer thumbnails turned off (i'm running on a slow atom powered Acer H340) and the updated directories are folders I *know* I haven't touched in months (if not years).   the updated directories seem to coincide with when I removed certain drives from the pool.  

Thanks,

Alex has responded to the issue, and you should be able to see the response:

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/6256

However, is there anything else accessing the pool drives at all? 
If you're not sure, or certain that nothing is, then please enable file system logging, reproduce the circumstance, and note the directory time after it's changed. 

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_2.x_Error_Reports