Setting this up, what happens worst case scenario?

klepp0906

Question

So my primary use case for this clouddrive is to shuttle backups to my dropbox.   dropbox is on my system drive and you cant back up images to a provider on the same partition as its backing up.

I cant/wont move it to another disk for a plethora of reasons beyond the scope of this post.

I realize my backup will be encrypted and to access it i'll need to have cloudddrive installed, but thats the least of my worries if i ever needed to use it lol.

anyways, what happens should the drive fail that has the cloud drive local cache on it?  nothing presumably?  data still safe in the cloud?

3 answers to this question

On 3/10/2022 at 4:48 PM, klepp0906 said:

anyways, what happens should the drive fail that has the cloud drive local cache on it?  nothing presumably?  data still safe in the cloud?

This should cover that in a bit of detail: 
https://stablebit.com/Support/CloudDrive/Manual?Section=Recovering from Errors

But basically, it depends on how much data was left to upload.  And which data.  

In essence, it's like power loss before the cache has been written to disk, which can result in data loss.