Best way to find "other" data in a pool?

klepp0906

Question

I did it. after a ton of logistical toil, i created my pools.  a whole 2 of them!

problem is, one is now showing with 3.95gb worth of "other" data and the other one is showing with a whopping 23.7gb worth.

already used disk cleanup and cleaned em to the bone (and ccleaner for science) and did a restart.  re measured the pools.   Checked all the disks after mounting and they all have nothing but the recycling bin/system volume/poolpart folders.

edit: still at this and now i wake up and have some duplicated data.  only about a mb worth but.... I dont have duplication enabled.  it has a mind of its own.  shouldnt my pools literally be all unduplicated space, and free space? 

would be grand to have a tooltip on the pie chart that gives the location of unduplicated data or the ability to click it to go to it or some type of expanded functionality.  convinced it HAS to be the system volume information folders but i really dont want to screw with permissions.  I'd totally take an option to exlude those from being parsed even ;p  out of sight out of mind better than in your face and irritating :P lol

1 answer to this question

Mostly, this. 

You can use utilities like WinDirStat to view the drives.   But it's very possible/likely that you won't find anything specifically.   Most likely, the difference is due to the size vs size on disk differences (slack space), as well as the System Volume Information folder on each disk.