Resetting scanner info?

klepp0906

Question

So I recently wanted to reset scanner to default.  I went into advance and confirmed.  It unlinked it from cloud and I had to reactivate but once I re connected it, all my settings and drive scan data was back again.  

what did I do wrong?  

scanning seems to be taking a lifetime with 200tb worth of drives and with it defaulting to every 7 days I think,it won’t even make it through them before the cycle resets so it’ll just be scanning in perpetuity. 

im not concerned about bad sectors as I am failures so I’m really only interested in smart reading.  I just don’t want to leave my ui all clumsied up with drives listed as not scanned and partially scanned etc. 

3 answers to this question

StableBit Cloud will sync the scan data, actually.  So reconnecting it will get it back. 

You will want to delete the device in the cloud, IIRC. 

7 hours ago, klepp0906 said:

scanning seems to be taking a lifetime with 200tb worth of drives and with it defaulting to every 7 days I think,it won’t even make it through them before the cycle resets so it’ll just be scanning in perpetuity. 

Correct, but that's not exactly how the scan works. 

StableBit Scanner keeps a sector map of the scanning progress.  Different regions are tracked independently, and it's those regions that have to be older than "x days" (7 days in your example), when they're rescanned. 

Over time, this should cause the drives to be scanned when there is less activity, and should spread out the scanning over the week. 

gotcha.  well now i know how to reset, and now i know it may not be necessary.  will have to determine when i get to that point I suppose.  I appreciate the information :)

I assume by deleting the device from stablebit cloud you mean removing the pc that shows with the hostname?  I imagine that will leave me re-activating all my stablebit softwares?

You are very weclome!

On 2/25/2022 at 2:08 PM, klepp0906 said:

I assume by deleting the device from stablebit cloud you mean removing the pc that shows with the hostname?  I imagine that will leave me re-activating all my stablebit softwares?

Correct.  At least for that system.  Reconnecting it should automatically re-activate, though.