is this intentional or a bug? cant close scanner tray icon presumably due to warning notification?

klepp0906

Question

after just getting all three of the stablebit softwares installed im doing a lot of digging/learning my way around.  im doing so while transfering lots of TB in preparation of setting up drivepool.

one drive that im hammering right now is on the floor in a sabrent dock.  its also a non helium filled 10TB that seagate is now stuffing in its expansions but it runs very hot compared to the old helium filled barracuda pros. 

I got a warning from scanner that it was overheating (mid 50's) and while i can appreciate the feature, it seems that every time i try to exit the tray application (or even click on it, i just get the windows notification from scanner.  over and over and over as many times as i feel like clicking ill get the overheat notification.   What it doesnt give me is a right click/exit scanner or close scanner option.

3 answers to this question

well, StableBit Scanner doesn't run from the system tray, so there isn't really an option to "exit" it.  

However, if you open up the notification in StableBit Scanner, it should have an option to ignore it. 

Barring that, you can change some of the settings here: https://stablebit.com/Support/Scanner/2.X/Manual?Section=Heat

Changing the threshold to 10C may help, for instance (instead of the default of 10C)