Help with troubleshooting slower transfer from pooled drive

btb

Question

When  copying a large file across the network from a pooled drive it transfers at around 60 to 70 MB/s compared to around 110MB/s from a non pooled drive. I'd like to see if its possible to troubleshoot this and get the pooled drive transfer speed up.

I've enabled service logging, done a few file transfers and now just uploaded 'service.zip' according to the Wiki.

DP version is 2.1.0.558 and OS W8.1

I appreciated it may not directly be a DP issue, any help appreciated.

5 answers to this question

They were on, though I've checked with them each enabled and disabled with the same result.

Does the logs I uploaded show anything I can try?

If all your drives are identical, then this is no help, but I have a hodgepodge of drives, some faster than others,  and depending where DP places the data, this often determines the transfer speed, slow drives are around 60-70, faster drives are around 90 and up.  

I don't think flagged it for alex yet. So I did, just to make sure.

https://stablebit.com/Admin/IssueAnalysis/5255

But also, try the different combinations for the read striping and network IO boost options.

If your system is on the lower end, make sure that Network IO Boost is disabled. This feature uses additional resources and can cause problems if ... well, you don't have he available resources. (it differentiates disk and network traffic, and prioritizes network traffic).

Read Striping is what determines which disks are faster, and how to "stripe" the data. Disabing this means it will only read from one disk at a time. It may help if you disable this.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Alex had responded to the issue, and the response should be view-able via the link above.

The main things are, is anything else indexing or accessing the pool at the same time? Or do you have antivirus or other disk tools installed? (use "cmd /k fltmc" to list the loaded file system filters).