feature requests! save window location, dark mode, tray!

klepp0906

Question

My eyes, i'm blind!  

The option to enable dark mode or follow the system setting would be greatly appreciated, very few apps that i run do not have the option (as well as the other stablebit softwares). 

I'm also a multi monitor user and the fact this doesnt save the window location (along with the other stablebit softwares) is pretty inconvenient.

finally the ability to minimize to the tray would be helpful.   with scanner, the ability to be able to tooltip or have quick access to the temp monitor especially. 

a bit of polish such as the aforementioned would certainly make buying licenses for my other machines substantially more compelling.

5 answers to this question

the UI location should be saved. And I can verify that it is doing so, on my systems.  If it's not, try clearing the UI folder from "%AppData%\StableBit DrivePool".  

As for dark mode, yeah, that is something I would like to see, too. 

As for "minimize to tray", we don't really use the system tray except for notifications.  And that's an intentional decision.  We don't want to pollute the system tray with a bunch of icons.  

thats fair enough.  I dont know that the system tray would be useful outside of quicker access to monitoring temps.  That was the use-case I had in mind.  As for polluting the tray, let me tell ya... lol and i only have the "neccessities" running.

the UI location is "sort" of saved.  It seems to save window size and location on the display I have set as primary in windows for gaming reasons, but if i put it on my secondary/accessory display where I keep basically everything else, it wont save.  I re-open it and it just ends up on the other display again.  I've been using a displayfusion window profile to hotkey it back over to where i like it every time i have to run it. 

a potential darkmode is a big win though :P

awesome, i appreciate it.  Its not the first software I've came across that behaves this way.   unsure if its something tied to a legacy way of doing things but it often seems to be older softwares doing it.  either way, glad its on the table now its an inconvenience in the best of times.   also glad you checked before i got around to having to dig through my appdata folder and delete etc :P

On the "minimize to tray" suggestion, many apps have this as a configurable option. qbittorrent for an open source example - in settings under Behavior, you can toggle to start the app minimized and also minimize and even close to notification tray. Default behavior could be left as-is.