System Hangs After Installing New Driver

Technogod

Question

I accidentally posted this under Scanner instead of DrivePool. Can you please move this for me?

I'm running a clean install of Windows 8.1 Pro w/Hyper-V and DrivePool ver. 2,0,0,420. I was notified of an update today. After installing the update my computer hung on the Windows desktop. I booted into Safe Mode and disabled all services except for Microsoft. My system booted successfully. Luckily, I created a restore point before installing the new driver. I restored my system and I'm back to normal. I was unable to find any logs or error reports related to the problem. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

5 answers to this question

You're the first case I've heard about any issues with the update...

And the system definitely should not be doing that. Though it sounds like it may be related to DrivePool (updated device driver).

If you wouldn't mind, could you do this:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_System_Freeze

If you do mind, then please, uninstall the old version, reboot, and install the new version (reboot if prompted). 

If you continue to experience the issue, please do the above.

(and I've moved the post to the appropriate forum)

I'm running Kaspersky Internet Security & Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I did have some corruption due to a bad memory module when I first performed my clean install. I was unable to reinstall Norton Internet Security. Everything else is functioning properly. I'm afraid to uninstall DrivePool with my Mediasonic HP1-SU3 USB3 card and two CineRAID CR-H458 boxes. They can be very temperamental.

Uninstalling DrivePool shouldn't affect those bays/cards. If it was a RAID type solution, I could understand it... but as Windows will still see and access those disks even if StableBit DrivePool isn't installed, there shouldn't be an issue.

However, the antivirus programs *could* be causing the issue though. However, I'm not able to replicate the issue on a VM. 

Though, if you were having memory issues before, maybe running another memory test now wouldn't be a bad idea.