Restrict drive to duplicated files only

Ben

Question

I'm sure this has been asked in some way but I haven't stumbled upon it.  I'm looking for a way to set drives within the pool to never have unduplicated files on them.  Basically set those drives to only be used for duplicated files/folders.

Use case for this would be if I don't completely trust a cloud drive (provider) where if the service goes down or I unsubscribe I don't want to lose unduplicated files.  Or if I have an aging that drive that I don't want to increase the risk of losing unduplicated files on.  I get that if I can't afford to lose the files I should be duplicating them but just trying to maximize my resources.

missing.PNG

5 answers to this question

I had stared at the file placement settings but it didn't click until now.... I guess what I would need to do is to go to each folder that I do not have duplication enabled and unselect those drives.  I guess I was looking for a way to accomplish that from the opposite point of view of the drive itself....

...or looking at the plugins closer I see the 'Drive Usage Limiter' plugin has exactly the setting I'm looking for.  A simple checkbox to enable/disable each drive for use with duplicated or unduplicated files.

Thanks for the help!

limiter.PNG