worrying issue with pictures etc

AMCross

Question

hi all

not sure if its drivepool related but I am having issue with some pictures stored having the following effect as per attached

looks like pixels have moved

now im not sure how drivepool works but can it be the cause ?

running latest r c and latest scanner beta

post-17-0-44529100-1403465955_thumb.jpg

That's what I meant indeed. Please prod Alex daily on this, the uncertainty is excruciating! ;-)

Well, if it makes you feel any better.... while I haven't been bugging him daily about it, I have brought it up at any chance I get. :)

Because I do think it would make a great product, and a great addition to our "line up".

Well, if it makes you feel any better.... while I haven't been bugging him daily about it, I have brought it up at any chance I get. :)

Because I do think it would make a great product, and a great addition to our "line up".

agreed,  this feature will make you stand out a bit, not quite ZFS, but close enough.

Well, I got some news that will make some of you guys happy.

"StableBit FileSafe".

It's in the planning stage right now. What does that mean? No code for it yet. Especially as we will have to consider exactly how to integrate it into our other products. And what features it will have. Etc.

But it's definitely something we want to release.

I can't really give an ETA. Alex has other stuff he wants to get done first. And then from there, we'll see.

But the plus side, it's on his mind, and I'm sure he's already thinking about how to write it, and what features to include and how to integrate it into the existing products. :)

But the sooner, the better! Right?! :)

Unfortunately not. 

Right now, Alex is focusing mainly on getting StableBit CloudDrive out as soon as possible (after making sure it's fairly stable). 
Once he's done that, he'll probably start hammering away on that.

Right now, it's most conceptual. However, we've talked about this issue (data integrity) at length (hours and hours), and about what features should be in it, and what all it should be able to do.  

Yes, that's mostly talk  or "on paper". However, you should see how much of DrivePool and CloudDrive have been "on paper" before coding. Also, knowning what you want to do is a great place to start off with, for coding.

And I do keep on pushing this topic, as it's very highly requested (if only via parity requests). And I agree, it would be fantastic.

Also, I've added a note, to notify you as soon as we have a beta. :)

Sorry to bring and old topic back online....

I had just ordered an archive drive to enable duplication before I went to vacation. Came back from it and heard an awesome ticking noise on the server.

Lost a 4tb drive, head fubar'ed scratched all the platters. Seagate Enterprise drive after 2.5 years....

I checked out the other threads will enable duplication and enable like wincatalog or something..  

but in the mean time, I'm wondering if this feature was ever implemented on DrivePool, so I can find out what got deleted and cry over it?

ps. I have stablebit scanner, hdd sentinel running. None of them gave any indication.. :(

you could use the "dpcmd" to run against your pool which will list all files and folders (depending on options used) - which might help you spot which folders and files have gone missing

it sounds like you had no duplication on your pool so unless you had a "dpcmd" run from before its going to be difficult to spot all the missing data

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/1587-check-pool-fileparts/

Edited by Spider99

Sorry to bring and old topic back online....

I had just ordered an archive drive to enable duplication before I went to vacation. Came back from it and heard an awesome ticking noise on the server.

Lost a 4tb drive, head fubar'ed scratched all the platters. Seagate Enterprise drive after 2.5 years....

I checked out the other threads will enable duplication and enable like wincatalog or something..  

but in the mean time, I'm wondering if this feature was ever implemented on DrivePool, so I can find out what got deleted and cry over it?

ps. I have stablebit scanner, hdd sentinel running. None of them gave any indication.. :(

I'm very sorry to hear that.   :(

And no, this feature hasn't been implemented yet. And if it is, it wont be part of StableBit DrivePool itself, but a separate product. 

Either way, any time we have a major release, we do post about it on our blog: http://blog.covecube.com/