Drivepool reporting wrong drive sizes?

ars3nic

Question

Hey there,

I just noticed that Drivepool seems to be saying that one of my 8TB drives is in fact 8.57 TB: TNNFnR6.png 

My other drives are at least close to the formatted size that Windows sees (e.g. another 8TB drive is listed as being 7.52 TB), although each one is slightly different.  I don't care if this is just a weird visual bug, I'm just concerned that this could result in data loss if Drivepool tries to write more than ~7.5 TB to it, like with those fake USB drives that start overwriting themselves when you surpass a certain threshold.

Or perhaps I'm just misunderstanding what Drivepool is telling me with that number?  Any input is appreciated.

EDIT: Running version 2.2.5.1237

2 answers to this question

Update: I've restarted the host machine for some unrelated maintenance, and DrivePool is still reporting 8.57TB for this 8TB drive.  Any advice/suggestions, or reassurance that this won't turn into a problem as more data gets written, would be great.

EDIT: Remeasuring the pool seems to have resolved it, both 8TB drives are listed as being exactly 7.28TB total.

Edited by ars3nic