Stablebit Scanner Not "Connecting to Service"

Chas717

Question

1 answer to this question

On 12/22/2021 at 7:46 AM, Chas717 said:

I have Stablebit Scanner on two computers. It will not open on either of them, simply giving a perpetual message of "Connecting to Service" with a time counter. See attached screenshot. This has been the case for at least several days now. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions to fix? Thanks! stablebit.docx

Nearly a year later, and I am getting the same "Connecting to Service" time counter. Eventually, it times out and tells me to restart my computer. With 20 USB HDDs in my DrivePool, it takes more than a few minutes to shut down, restart, and add all my HDDs back to the pool. For some reason, I cannot restart the computer with all USB HDDs connected. I have to add each USB HDD, one at a time, into DrivePool or my computer just locks up.

In any case, DrivePool was up and running with all 20 USB HDDs in DrivePool, then I attempted to load and run Stablebit Scanner and it just hangs. Gone through 2 reboots at this point. Will try to load Stablebit Scanner before rebuilding DrivePool with all the 20 USB HDDs to see if that makes any difference.