How many drives are supported?

vorpel

Question

I scanned the headings on all the topics, but didn't see an answer so...

How many drives are supported for the scanning?  I have a server with 26 internal drives, and then an Areca ARC-1680ix card attached to 2 HP SAS Expanders from 2 other servers (24 drives each) bringing the total number of drives to 74.

I am very interested in both products - DrivePool and Scanner - to work with SnapRAID for protection.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

As many as you can connect.

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a hard limit at all. IIRC, Alex (the developer) has ~20 drives connected to one of his systems without issue. And I believe I've seen users with 20-30 HDDs attached. 

If you do encounter any issues with either product, then let us know, and we'll see about fixing it.

I know it has been a while since I started this thread, but I've finally gotten my home system mostly setup.  I have 64 drives (2 local SATA, 24 on internal Areca ARC-1680ix card, and 38 from SAS expanders through a second local ARC-1680ix card).  Stablebit scanner sees all drives!

Thanks.