Drivepool's licence vs. that of Scanner's?

Ac3M

Question

Hi.

Tried to see how to activate the (yet to be purchased) license.

As I don't yet have a valid license, which I presume will follow, just like with DrivePool, at checkout?

I did install a trial version a couple of months ago, and I was unsure whether or not to use this, but I decided to do so, so here I'm an licensed owner of a copy.

However, after installation, the program informed me, naturally, that I needed to register, bla bla bla, which I then did, naturally.

Now, among the first things I noticed was that Scanner was in the list located in "Manage Pool/Balancing.../Balances". I had expected this to be disabled, thus also grayed out, but it's not.

Don't remember it was included in the single license version of DrivePool, so what gives?

At present moment, I'm a bit strapped on cash, but I'm looking to buy (If I need to, that is) a copy soon.

I haven't seen a thing about not being permitted to use, post-expiration of that trial version, so I'm a bit confused.

Perhaps this info could be included on the FAQ-page regarding install and upgrades.

Thank you for a really useful product

3 answers to this question

17 hours ago, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Could you open a ticket at https://stablebit.com/Contact so we can help you with this issue directly?

Well, it's not an issue, yet, so I don't feel the need to open one. I was just curious as to why scanner appears to be working, and I was also curious how one would activate, as I wrote above, assuming that I receive a code upon checkout, just like with DrivPool. I think others might have wondered the same thing, so that's why I went through the forum.

So, I took a chance and bought a license for Scanner. Easy-peasy. Just enter activation ID to get a discount, and seemingly the same ID as DrivePool, so then just runing the installer, then asked for activation ID and done.

Smooth!