Organizing Drive Pool properly. Help is needed, please

TPham

Question

I activated the first DrivePool back in January on a server 2019. All was well and never had to make any change, except to use it. Due to the success, I am activating a second DrivePool on a PC. This time, I started with a drive that is almost full of data, so some confusion that need help. Sorry. Here are the steps that I took:

1> PC has 3 drives: C (System, 1TB), D (new volume, no data, 12TB), E (folders with data, 12TB)

2> Installed & activated DP app -> DP created new drive letter F (volume name DrivePool, no data, 2TB) ?????????

3> Within DP app -> Added Drive D + E -> Remove Drive Letter D & Changed it's volume name to DP1

4> Changed Drive E name to D.

Questions:

a> What is that new DrivePool (drive letter F, 2 TB)? shouldn't it be 24 TB (the total of Drive DP and Drive Family-Media D). See picture #3.

b> I'd think, and would like to have, both (Drive DP and Drive Family-Media D) be within DrivePool F and drive letter D be changed to DP0.

Please advise what (and how) to do, as I'm confused.

Thanks

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

1 answer to this question