Drivepool not available on 2nd machine?

mbc0

Question

Hi,

I recently purchased another copy of Drivepool for my 2nd server running WHS2011

I have installed the latest RC build (Version 1) and cannot see any tab for it in the windows dashboard but it is showing as installed on the add-ins list. I tried to remove to re-install again but it throws an error.. can anyone help me out please as I am stuck now :-(

Cheers

drivepool%20problem%201.JPG

drivepool%20problem%202.JPG

drivepool%20problem%203.JPG

7 answers to this question

First, 

Launch the Dashboard in safemode. If you're remoting into the server directly, there will be a link in the start menu to do that. Otherwise, on  the client, click the "Option" section and select "let me choose which add-ins to load".  Make sure that "StableBit DrivePool" is enabled. If it's not, select it and hit the "Enable" button.

As for the installation issue, please completely remove StableBit DrivePool and reinstall. Instructions here:

http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q8964978

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply...

I have followed all of the above steps and I am still in the same position... under add-ins on my dashboard it still shows scanner & drivepool and I get the same error trying to uninstall them.  I have uninstalled drivepool through the control panel & reinstalled it and it now works, but if I try to uninstall it again through the dashboard I get the same error (An Unexpected Error Has Occured)

I am however unable to reinstall scanner as i get a message telling me it is already installed on the server and computers on the network.  (It is installed on my other sever which is also on my network but I cannot see why this would stop me installing it?)  It shows up as installed on my dashboard just like drivepool but again I get that same unexpected error has occured when trying to uninstall it.

Many Thanks

Hi,

Unfortunately those steps cannot work for me...

• Follow: Q7200705 - Done
  • Open Programs and Features from the Start menu (type it). - Done
  • Uninstall StableBit Scanner, if listed. - Not Listed
  • Open the Dashboard to the add-ins tab and remove StableBit Scanner, if listed. - Get "An Unexpected Error Has Occured"
  • Delete everything in C:\ProgramData\StableBit Scannner.- No Such Directory
  • Delete everything in C:\Program Files (x86)\StableBit\Scanner.No Such Directory

• Delete C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\Addins\Primary\StableBitScanner.addin.No Such Directory

I then try to install scanner & I get the following error

scanner.JPG

Ok, so basically it is because of what I said in Post #3 I have another server on my network with Scanner installed on it...seems crazy that scanner checks for network installs on a program that needs to monitor/scan local drives but hey ho! I had to shut that server down to be able to install it on my 2nd server! I also have 2 scanner notification's in my taskbar as well which is a bit annoying but at least it is now installed....

That's .... very unusual.

In fact, StableBit Scanner *shouldn't* check that at all. At best, if you're installing version 2.5, it *could* potentially error out when installing and starting the service, as there is a remote control aspect controlled by the service. But aside from that...

And what notifications does StableBit Scanner have in the taskbar?