Adding news drives and trying to Rebalance

Unbreakable

Question

Hello.  I have a disk pool of 4x10TB drives that were getting full.  So i added two additional 10TB drives.   I noticed that the old drives data remained where it was even after running a "rebalance" each drive near 90% while the new drives are almost empty.    I would like to have approximately the same amount of free space across the drives which i am not seeing.    I poked around the options with the different balancers and I am not seeing any setting for this unless I am just not undertanding.   Up on the Stable Bit website there is a link to a balancer called "Disk Space Equalizer" but when I try to install it iI I get the error "StableBit DrivePool 2.X needs to be installed before installing this plug-in."    I am currently running version 2.2.5.1237 so i am not sure why its not installing.  BTW, I am not using ANY duplication if that matters.   

Any thoughts on what I can try?

1 answer to this question

The only balancers that I have installed are "All in One", "Duplication Space Optimizer", and "Stablebit Scanner".  Balancing works automatically if I add or remove a drive.

The All in One balancer has a selectible option "Equalize using un-duplicated files".  and "Equalize by the free space remaining" which is what I think you are looking for.

One thing to try is unstalling Drivepool, reboot, install Drivepool again. (all your pools should be automatically detected for you)  This might fix the balancer version install issue.