Direct copy to PoolPart hidden folder

Herb

Question

I have two large DrivePools. I want to copy about 30 TB of data from one to the other. If I copy through the DrivePool letters I'm limited to the transfer rates of a single drive. Can I setup a copy process to copy from the PoolPart folder of one drive to the PoolPart folder of another drive without having to stop the service? This way I can setup multiple copy jobs.

https://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q4142489

This mentions that the main issue with copying/moving the files this way is the duplication/balancing but if these options are turned off is there any issue? Reason why I don't want to stop the service is that other programs are accessing the pools through their drive letters.

2 answers to this question

Should be fine IF you have duplication turn off - but if i remember correctly turning duplication off may make the pool delete the copies automatically

hence why it says to stop the service so that does not happen

i would do a test on a small folder with only a few files and see if turning duplication off does what i remember

I figured out shortly after this what best method probably is... I'm just going to copy the files to a temp folder on the drive, then I can move them into the PoolPart folder after that like the guide above. Turning off the service for a few minutes while I move the files sounds a lot easier than the other way.