Cloud drive saying 19TB used, drivepool usage not aligning

Dust-Mite

Question

DrivePool is stating it is using 14.7TB of 20.0TB, however CloudDrive is stating it is using 19TB of 20TB.

Is there a way of releasing the unused space on the cloud drive?

It is a network share.

If I open the CloudDrive everything is inside the covefs folder.

6 answers to this question

I was able to get another drive into the machine with the failing drive and remove the failing drive.

It was then possible to resize the cloud drive down which reduced the usage on the second DrivePool.

Thank you Christopher.

Will be changing how I size my cloud drive from now on to mitigate the issue of this happening in the future.

DrivePool shows the amount of files that are using data on the drive, basically.  CloudDrive shows the data, not files that is used.  Deleted files or files that have had their data moved will leave data behind and increase the used size on CloudDrive. 

So this is normal, and okay. 

However, the solution for this would be to zero out the unused data.  But ... especially in your case, Im not sure if that's worth it.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:34 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

DrivePool shows the amount of files that are using data on the drive, basically.  CloudDrive shows the data, not files that is used.  Deleted files or files that have had their data moved will leave data behind and increase the used size on CloudDrive. 

So this is normal, and okay. 

However, the solution for this would be to zero out the unused data.  But ... especially in your case, Im not sure if that's worth it.

Is there a way of zeroing out the unused data via any of the stablebit suite?