Current development

kuba4you

Question

Hi everybody.

I have been using DrivePool and Scanner for a long time and usually jumped on the newest beta versions. But since April/May the release of new versions has stopped. I am wondering if we are facing some major changes or are you guys just taking some time off?

DrivePool and Scanner are fantastic programs and I hope for an active development in the future. So some updates of the current development would be interesting for everybody.

6 answers to this question

I agree! Alex's and Christopher's last replies in this forum also date back to May. So I am afraid that development has stopped leaving the question open what alternatives we have. I think that the combination of Drive Pool and Scanner is quite unique in the Windows environment and I only know DriveBender to replace Drivepool. But there also development seemed to have stopped...

So does anyone know or use a suitable alternative?

Of course, but it is necessary to know before using the software anymore. Whatever is the case, if there's nobody to maintain the code then slight change by cloud provider could break functionality (maximum files per folder @ google anyone?) or drivepool could stop working completely in another Windows update and we will be left in the dust which sucks.