No SMART data for Rocket Raid 2320 card

Reded23

Question

I have no SMART data for drives connected to my Rocket Raid 2320. All other drives show SMART fine. Other drive analyst software shows the SMART data OK and I have changed the settings file for UnsafeDirectIO to True. (is there a way to know this stuck?)

Any ideas ?

9 answers to this question

Try this file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0krodbweqz1rrc4/Scanner.Service.exe.config

It's taken from my personally system, and should definitely work.

If it's still not working, the check out this thread:

http://community.covecube.com/index.php?/topic/36-how-to-contribute-test-data/

Well, it's definitely getting the SMART data then.

When using the DirectIO test app, it did not show a green check next to "S.M.A.R.T. Attributes" under either WMI or Direct I/O? Same for when you checked "Unsafe Direct IO"?

Could you post screen shots of the app?

And just to make sure, these disks are showing up in "Legacy" mode, right?

Legacy mode ?

and I can confirm the only green tick in the test app is the SDD box all others including Smart are red crosses. I can't see where to upload a screen grab but I tried every combination of No Direct I/O, No WMI or specific method.

"Legacy" mode is for the Controller card's management interface. Any disk that isn't in an array or JBOD, should show up as "Legacy" instead. At least, that's how the RocketRAID 2720 works. And appears to be the same for the 2320.

For the DirectIoTest app, there is an "UnsafeDirectIo" check-box at the top, make sure that this is checked. Then select one of the disks on the controller. 

Once you've done that, see if either DirectIO or WMI reports a green check-box next to "S.M.A.R.T. Attributes". This is the only setting that really matters.

If it doesn't display these green check marks, then please report the methods used (at the bottom of the window". In the picture in the other thread, it's the "Methods: AtaPassThrough" section.

That or take a screen capture of the window, and upload it here (or to a cloud storage provider and link it here).

You can do that with "Snipping Tool" in windows.

Hi,

I just moved from FlexRaid + HD Sentinel to StableBit DrivePool + Scanner. I have exactly the same issue with my RocketRaid 230x controller. I have upgraded to the latest available firmware. No smart data.

I have 3 drives connected to this controller and never had any issue with HD Sentinel. All my drives are in legacy mode.

I tried using a specific method in Direct I/O test and found that the ScsiPassthrough method returns SMART data except Status and Power Mode. Unsafe Direct I/O works as well.

Is there a way to force the method used by Scanner for these specific drives or should I proceed with the unsafe one? Is the unsafe method is a global parameter or a per-disk one?

Thanks,

François