please help ! all of files in drivepool gone to Others!

sicboy

Question

first i just change my pcie to sata card around X1 Port

then i reconnect all my drive as usual  

normally drivepool automatic find my drive and shown up in pool

but when i bootup  it's show missing disk also listed in non pools 

so i reset all settings and reboot

all drive in pools comeback 

but notices that i cannot access the files from that disks 

and i know my files is still there.

i've attached the pictures shown that the drive with grey data go to others

so what should i do now

i don't want to format or remove disk from pools

incase my files gone forever

thanks for the help

(sorry for my english)

DrivePool.UI_C8P3T2f7NO.png

explorer_3Fh0oN4c01.png

7 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Umfriend said:

Don't start every sentence on a new line, it makes it harder to read & navigate :D. Can you access the data directly? I mean, go to P:\, then explore the hidden Poolpart.* folder and below, open a file from it that way?

Oh i thought it was completely hidden. 

So if my files still intact. Then i have to move it manually right?. After moving done, then remove disk from pool and add it back?. Sorry I'm noob. :(

First, DON'T PANIC! 99% sure it'll be just fine. I don't know what the problem is. I wonder whether you may have run into some issue with security rights to the files. That is why I want you to open a file on a suspect disk directly and not through the Pool. DrivePool stores all files in a hidden folder, that you can tell explorer to show regardless, and in plain NTFS format.

It may be that you have two PoolPart.* folders on in the root on a disk as well.

So don't panic, just gather facts & symptoms first. BTW, I am not support, if we (there are others who regularly help here as well) don't succeed, you can raise a ticket for real support.

Oh, one other thing, in DP, can you do Manage Pool -> Re-measure?

29 minutes ago, Umfriend said:

First, DON'T PANIC! 99% sure it'll be just fine. I don't know what the problem is. I wonder whether you may have run into some issue with security rights to the files. That is why I want you to open a file on a suspect disk directly and not through the Pool. DrivePool stores all files in a hidden folder, that you can tell explorer to show regardless, and in plain NTFS format.

It may be that you have two PoolPart.* folders on in the root on a disk as well.

So don't panic, just gather facts & symptoms first. BTW, I am not support, if we (there are others who regularly help here as well) don't succeed, you can raise a ticket for real support.

Oh, one other thing, in DP, can you do Manage Pool -> Re-measure?

Done remeasured and nothing happened. But thanks.i Hope to get this fix soon.

OK. That you have multiple PoolPart.* folders on H and K is a clear issue. That you don;t have them on P and M is weird. And then there are the PoolPart/* files which shouldn't be there.

Not sure what to do here. Tranferring files, removing drives from Pool through GUI, reformat and add is a possibility but takes a long time. Perhaps better to contact support (https://stablebit.com/Support) or wait for a better volunteer here.

Another scenario, but I am not sure if that would work well, is:
1. Remove the suspect drives from the Pool throuh the GUI
2. From each PoolPart.* folder on those drives, check whether they have any contents. If they don't, delete them. If they do, rename the folders.
3. Add the drives to the Pool
4. You will now see a new PoolPart.* folder. For each of the for drives, move the contents from the renamed PoolPart.* folder(s) to the new PoolPart.* folder according to this: StableBit DrivePool Q4142489 (Follow this well, you will need to stop the DrivePoolService and start it when done)
5. Do a re-measure

I *think* this will work but....