New User - confused by plugin priority

nx2050

Question

Hi,

Forgive the question but a little confused by how Drivepool add-ins work.

I have a system drive (SYSHD) and a second drive (HD2)

The second drive (HD2) has no drive letter and has been made part a Drivepool to become drive D:

The system drive (SYSHD) C: has also been joined so that it can use some of the spare space on the drive.

The idea is I want to ensure that the second drive (HD2) D: has all the files placed on it and then the system drive (SYSHD) is only used for duplicates.

I have downloaded the ordered file placement plug-in and it is installed at the bottom of all the plugins by default.

The second drive (HD2) is at the top of the list.

All plugins are active with default settings - this is confusing me! Am I supposed to do anything else?

i.e. should Duplication Space Optimizer be turned off or placed below Ordered file placement or left alone.

Thanks in advance

1 answer to this question

Hi,

Forgive the question but a little confused by how Drivepool add-ins work.

I have a system drive (SYSHD) and a second drive (HD2)

The second drive (HD2) has no drive letter and has been made part a Drivepool to become drive D:

The system drive (SYSHD) C: has also been joined so that it can use some of the spare space on the drive.

The idea is I want to ensure that the second drive (HD2) D: has all the files placed on it and then the system drive (SYSHD) is only used for duplicates.

I have downloaded the ordered file placement plug-in 

Thanks in advance

I think that you should remove the ordered file placement plug-in (or disable it by unchecking it) because it's not really doing what you want and will confuse you.

From what I understand, to achieve what you want, all you have to do is uncheck Unduplicated under the File Placement Limiter for your C:\ drive. That way D:\ will store all of your unduplicated files and C:\ will store only the duplicated file parts.

The other plug-ins can be left at their defaults.