How to Repair Drivepool after Avira Quarantined Files

myrkr

Question

Looking for a little guidance so as to avoid making any errors that could cause damage.

Avira Antivirus updated and for some reason the settings are different so it flagged all of my Stablebit Drivepool (and Stablebit Scanner) files on my WHS2011 system. I suspected this was a heuristic error on Avira's part, but did some searching in the forum to confirm that was true.

My issue is that for whatever reason Avira is unable to restore the program files back into the correct spots, so instead it just dumped them into a folder on the desktop called "RESTORED". Clearly that is not very helpful as I don't know how to put them back with the right location structure for both Drivepool and Scanner within their original program folders. When I load the dashboard I find both Drivepool and Scanner are missing as they are disabled in safemode.

What is the ideal method to fix this? I thought I saw some people mention to just uninstall Drivepool and Scanner, then reinstall them. I'm not overly concerned with Scanner, but will an uninstall/reinstall mess up my existing pool? And am I uninstalling at the OS level if that is the method to use? And then when I reinstall will they'll get picked up on the dashboard again and enabled?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

If you uninstall DrivePool, any existing pools will retain their content and be automatically re-detected when you reinstall DrivePool. Their duplication levels should be kept, but you may need to recreate any custom balancing/rules you had for them.

On 4/8/2021 at 11:48 PM, Shane said:

If you uninstall DrivePool, any existing pools will retain their content and be automatically re-detected when you reinstall DrivePool. Their duplication levels should be kept, but you may need to recreate any custom balancing/rules you had for them.

This. 

Reinstall or repair is the easiet option in this case.  

Though, to clarify, if yu haven't manually reset the settings or deleted the folder for DrivePool in the ProgramData folder, the settings should be retained.