Win10 Pool file permissions issue

Rhuarc

Question

I have been struggling with the pool file permissions issues for several months now.  I have done all of my requisite research, and feel like I have tried pretty much everything.

I upgraded my server awhile back, and loaded up the software and everything seemed fine.  But recently I have not been able to copy anything to the pool.  I get the classic Access is Denied error.  I have tried to do all of the fixes for changing the owner to Administrators on the pool, but then I get the Cannot enumerate items in the container" or something to that effect.  It is driving me up a wall currently, and I am really hoping someone here can help me out.

I LOVE the software, and want to get back to a stable state!

Thank you all in advance!

Rhuarc

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Rhuarc said:

I upgraded my server awhile back, and loaded up the software and everything seemed fine.

Just checking: if you reinstalled the OS, did you remember to re-activate the DrivePool license after you reinstalled DrivePool? Maybe check that it's activated anyway (DrivePool GUI, cog icon, Manage License, should have your key displayed).

1 hour ago, Rhuarc said:

I have tried to do all of the fixes for changing the owner to Administrators on the pool, but then I get the Cannot enumerate items in the container" or something to that effect.  It is driving me up a wall currently, and I am really hoping someone here can help me out.

If it's indeed a permissions issue, then this (linked) is what I use when the usual MS-supplied tools don't work. If that doesn't work... something is well and truly hosed.