File Explorer not self refreshing ?

Zammo

Question

For some reason on my pool if I move or cut files and place them in a folder in Windows 10 File Explorer the files stay visible where they were after until I manually refresh explorer. Which is a bit annoying when moving lots of different files. Is there any reason for this ? I can try and learn to manually refresh after every move, but if there is a solution this would be good, thanks. 

5 answers to this question

The auto refresh of Windows File Explorer has been a long standing issue with Windows. There are a number of fixes for this issue posted on the internet, but every version of Windows 10 seems to have a different solution. I personally just live with inconvenience because the next Windows update could "un-fix" the problem you thought you had solved. I don't have enough time in my day to manually apply "fixes" to Windows that might be wiped out next week on an update.

So, if I need to refresh File Explorer, I just hit F5 and it will refresh. I also use a third party File Manager and it has a refresh icon I click on and the directories are refreshed.

In short, I doubt your problems have anything to do with DrivePool as this is a known issue with Windows itself. But yes, I feel your pain as I go through this issue all the time on my computers. If you find a real fix to this issue, or if someone else has the solution, then we would all be happy.

5 hours ago, Zammo said:

Thanks for the info, you are probably right about it not being down to DrivePool. Just out of curiosity do you have a network folder on your Quick Access in File Explorer ? 

Yes, it works just fine. But like you said, sometimes the File Explorer window does not refresh very fast and I will force a refresh with F5, or just change the focus to another directory and then come back to the original.

On 8/28/2021 at 1:57 PM, GameOver said:

I have a similar issue but Explorer processes sit at 99% and wont close.  only way to change it is to manually force Explorer to close via task manager.  THis is entirely related to DrivePool as it doesn't happen without DrivePool installed

Are you accessing the pool over the network, or directly? 

And does this happen with any of the disks in that pool, as well?