Duplication stuck at 17.2%

Skijackz

Question

I've had some HDD trouble the past couple of days and needed to force remove a drive with duplication later. Was able to get the drive out and the pool remeasured and started duplicating. I left the machine last night at 17.2% and woke up to still at 17.2%. Rebooted and left it for about two hours and it's still at 17.2%.

Any ideas on how to "unstick" this?

image.png.b21947942088b80f91df6103a6e35426.png

6 answers to this question

Usually there'll be an "X" button to the right of the animated yellow bar that can be used to abort any active operation. Then you could restart the duplicating from the Cog icon -> Troubleshooting -> Recheck duplication.

If you hover the mouse cursor over the "Duplicating... (17.2%)" does it display anything informative?

@Skijackz How big is your DrivePool and how much data is it trying to duplicate? 3 days seems like a very long time for so little progress. Can you go into Task Manager and check to see if data is being written to a drive(s) and at what speed?

From what I understand, the duplicating process is a background task. I know it takes hours and hours for my duplicating to complete after a drive removal, but certainly not 3 days. The last HDD swap I did with Duplicate Later resulted in about 1.5 TB of data needing to be duplicated and it completed the task overnight. It's a slow process, but thankfully you should still have full access to your DrivePool while it does its magic in the background.

Still running. 

The entire pool is 25TB and it looks like it is going through all of the movies (it's to the Zs right now). No SMR drives. I just added two 10TB WD Red Plus drives to the pool after having two 4TB HDDs go down separately. There was triple redundancy set for the movies and pics so I'm guessing a lot needs to be replicated. Task Manager says there is no load on the computer at all.