Drivepool reporting wrong disk size

muro

Question

Hi, I'm having a weird problem. I have 5 8TB disks, exactly the same model - WDC WD80EFAX-68KNBN0. One disk is showing larger total capacity than the others. Any idea why? Attached are the screenshots from drivepool, where one disk is 7.48 TB and other are 7.28 TB; and a screenshot from windows's 10 partition tool. I'm using snapraid and the parity disk is one of these disks and I'm not able to use it since one disk is larger than the parity drive, but again, they're the same models and physical size. 

Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 08.36.19.png

Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 08.36.58.png

1 answer to this question

Hmm. DrivePool reporting the wrong size (which it retrieves from Windows) shouldn't affect SnapRaid (which also gets it from Windows) unless Windows itself is giving the wrong size to both?

In the Windows Disk Management utility, can you set View->Top->Disk and View->Bottom->Graphical then screenshot it so we can see all of the relevant data for those disks? Particularly the Disk Number, Capacity, Unallocated Space and Partition Style in the top section versus the Disk Number, Disk Size, Volume Label/Letter and Volume Size in the bottom section.