AMCross

Question

i have four 3 tb drives in a drivepool

D:   E:  F:  G: and drivepool being 10.7tb and Z:

in D i have no folders

in E i have POOLPART and then server folders music and pictures

in F i have POOLPART and then server folders music and pictures

IN G i have server folder and nothing inside

and Z: i have server folders and again music pictures and all my dvd or blu ray rips

im confused should all my drives have something on them and also have pool part folders

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, AMCross said:

im confused should all my drives have something on them and also have pool part folders

You have not stated how much data you have in your DrivePool. I just use the default DrivePool Balancers, and over time, the drives will fill up with data more or less equally. If you just started moving data onto DrivePool, it may be that not all drives have been used yet. The DrivePool GUI gives a visual graph of the usage of your drives. If there is not much difference, I would not be concerned.

If you see one drive half full and another empty, then you might need to check which Balancers you have turned on and your Balancing settings in the DrivePool GUI. I have my settings to automatically balance the drives as needed.

You can have two PoolPart.* folders on one drive at one folder level (e.g. root) but that is a symptom of something gone a bit wrong. Long story. Only one of them would be the real currently active PoolPart.* folder.

A PoolPart.* folder can in fact contain yet another PoolPart.* folder in the case where you use Hierarchical Pools.

But mostly, no, normally a drive has one PoolPart.* folder in the root.

You're most welcome.