Moving your activated license to a new machine?

big4570

Question

3 answers to this question

Absolutely!

When you purchase the license, that license belongs to you, not the machine you activate it on.  However, there are checks to make sure that the licenses are activated on the correct number of systems, though.   But you can deactivate the license on one system and then activate it on a new system, at any time.  And all of our software supports doing this from within the UI (unless it's attached to StableBit Cloud, then it's handled a bit differently). 

Also, for reference, the EULA is available here: https://stablebit.com/Eula

On 1/9/2021 at 10:38 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

Absolutely!

When you purchase the license, that license belongs to you, not the machine you activate it on.  However, there are checks to make sure that the licenses are activated on the correct number of systems, though.   But you can deactivate the license on one system and then activate it on a new system, at any time.  And all of our software supports doing this from within the UI (unless it's attached to StableBit Cloud, then it's handled a bit differently). 

Also, for reference, the EULA is available here: https://stablebit.com/Eula

Windows is broken and I can't boot. I had to install the system from scratch. How do I deactivate the license for migration now?

Hi vervolk. You should still attempt to activate the license on the new system anyway. If that does not automatically transfer the license, contact Support via the contact form (in the "What do you want to contact us about?" field select "An issue with licensing").