Gdrive upload speed

sirmagne

Question

Hello World.

Just installed CloudDrive, got it setup with gdrive. now im trying to upload 2tb but just get 73-105 mbit/s upload speeds. is ther somthign im missing.

Tryd to do search on the forums, but cam up empty 

im using basic settings, *right out of the box

2 answers to this question

On 1/4/2021 at 11:40 PM, sirmagne said:

Hello World.

Just installed CloudDrive, got it setup with gdrive. now im trying to upload 2tb but just get 73-105 mbit/s upload speeds. is ther somthign im missing.

Tryd to do search on the forums, but cam up empty 

im using basic settings, *right out of the box

Google Drive, and many others (especially free ones), have upload bandwidth restrictions (mb/hr) that you may be exceeding. The first stage is a limiter on speeds if you go over it. I believe the time window is 2 hours, but I do not know the current data figures. There also is a per-day limit of 750GB, but that's a hard cap that blocks uploading completely for a day. 

What speeds do you get if you use the native Google Drive app? As my upstream Internet is only 20mbit, I can't help by testing mine. I stopped using Google Drive in my Cloud Drive setup a while back, as even with my lower upstream speeds, I was hitting some restrictions (perhaps on number of files?) with Cloud Drive.

It may just be that you need to tweak the Cloud Drive settings, like block size etc, to reduce the number of files created?