Drive Recovery for 4 days now :/

peppo-online

Question

Hey guys, 

what a bad luck... I restarted Windows, like I did 300 times before and after the reboot, it keeps telling me:

image.png.08798475c97b7746963c398b462a3408.png

The drive is like 5TB with a lot of small files. Provider: GDrive
But how long does this take? Can I speed it up? There is no % or anything shown... that's just a bad experience for me, if I don't know IF there is anything happening at all.

Can you help me? :)

11 answers to this question

On 1/2/2021 at 6:15 PM, srcrist said:

Make sure that you both submit tickets to support here: https://stablebit.com/Contact

Hey sorry to bother I had a quick question I read one of your last post on "Optimal Settings for Plex" 

You say when creating a pool to move all your previous files on the main cloud drive to the pool, how can I move it? I tried to copy and paste the hidden file but it says I need administration privilege's. Down below is what you wrote, Thank you so much. 

• Now you'll want to navigate to E:, find the hidden directory that DrivePool has created for the pool (ex: PoolPart.4a5d6340-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-cf8aa3944dd6), and move ALL of the existing data on E: to that directory. This will place all of your existing data in the pool.

5 hours ago, srcrist said:

This is backwards. You don't want to move the hidden directory, you want to move everything else TO the hidden directory. The contents of the hidden directory is what is in your pool.

Okay so for example lets use your previous post example, so let's say I have an existing CloudDrive volume at E: which is 10TB. inside of my that drive I have my movie folders and another hidden folder "PoolPart.XXXX">>.covefs>>Reparse" the last folder inside is empty.

- I then created a DrivePool to create a new pool, D:, and add E:

Now I expanded my main existing cloud drive E: by 55TB and it Then used Disk Management to create a new 55TB volume, F:, from the free space on my CloudDrive.

Then I go back to DrivePool, add F: to my D: pool. Then my pool now contains both E: and F:

My D: pool does not contain any "PoolPart.XXXX folder" it is empty

My 55TB F: Does on the other hand have a "PoolPart.XXXX"

- Maybe I am overthinking it, I am supposed to just move all my movie folders that I have on my Original 10TB Cloud Drive E: to my drive pool D:

Thanks sorry for the long post just been trying to figure this out all last night.

47 minutes ago, srcrist said:

All of the content, on each drive, that you want to access from the pool, should be moved to the hidden pool folder on that respective drive.

I sorry I'm new to this and for this lengthy post, I do not mean to be annoying below are my drives, followed from the previous post you made. H: x1 Main CloudBit Drive     V: x1 55TB Expansion, G: x1 Pool Drive with Both  

2100284481_SharedScreenshot2.thumb.jpg.01c958ac2949367624377b490ff338de.jpg

Inside of my Main H: google drive is "PoolPart.XXX Folder" + "Stablebit CloudDrive Folder" (inside of this folder are my movies)

\SharedScreenshot5.jpg.f6ebe6f445ab11fdd26393b950e01abb.jpg

My G: Pool Drive is empty and contains nothing

SharedScreenshot3.thumb.jpg.9054be7946cdb00e28a2e2a2fbdf6239.jpg

( I can drag in my "StableBit CloudDrive Folder" Into my drive pool G: and it begins to transfer all my files but if I do that folder only won't it duplicate? ) 

-  Which folder should I be moving into my pool? "PoolPart.XXX" / "Movie Folder (Name:Stablebit Clouddrive)" 

(When I attempt to drag in my H: Google Drive "PoolPart.XXX which is my main Cloud bit drive into my DrivePool G: I get an error

4.thumb.jpg.d214cb6d234964baf8f815f0091a1f53.jpg

SharedScreenshot.jpg

image.png

image.png

On your H: and your V: you will have a poolpart folder, if they have been added to the pool. Put everything ELSE on those drives, like the CloudDrive folder, if that's where your content is, into the poolpart folder. Then remeasure and it will be accessible from your G:.

On 12/23/2020 at 1:20 PM, peppo-online said:

Hey guys, 

what a bad luck... I restarted Windows, like I did 300 times before and after the reboot, it keeps telling me:

The drive is like 5TB with a lot of small files. Provider: GDrive
But how long does this take? Can I speed it up? There is no % or anything shown... that's just a bad experience for me, if I don't know IF there is anything happening at all.

Can you help me? :)

This can happen any time that the system has an unsafe shutdown. A forced reset, for instance. Or if the CloudDrive service doesn't get closed out properly (eg, if you "end process" on it).

And how long this takes depends on the size of the drive, the size of the chunks, your connection speed, the number of threads for download, and the like. 

As for permission issues, you may need to run CHKDSK on the drive.  And if that doesn't fix it, we do have a guide on how to reset permissions: 
https://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q5510455

On 1/8/2021 at 2:30 PM, srcrist said:

On your H: and your V: you will have a poolpart folder, if they have been added to the pool. Put everything ELSE on those drives, like the CloudDrive folder, if that's where your content is, into the poolpart folder. Then remeasure and it will be accessible from your G:.

Hi srcrist, I have a quick question, I got everything in my drive pool setup! So thank you!! But I want to optimize my drive pool and cloud drive. I am sharing the drives with network sharing and playing back my ISOs on my home theater pc.

1. What would be the best settings for cloud drive and drivepool for 4k UHD ISO? I have Gig internet.

2. Would having an actually HDD in the pool increase my speeds?

THANK YOU

On 1/9/2021 at 8:55 PM, Christopher (Drashna) said:

This can happen any time that the system has an unsafe shutdown. A forced reset, for instance. Or if the CloudDrive service doesn't get closed out properly (eg, if you "end process" on it).

And how long this takes depends on the size of the drive, the size of the chunks, your connection speed, the number of threads for download, and the like. 

As for permission issues, you may need to run CHKDSK on the drive.  And if that doesn't fix it, we do have a guide on how to reset permissions: 
https://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_Q5510455

Update:

The first drive just finished mounting. And right now, the situation is that the amount of data that was previously stored as 'Cached' is now in 'To Upload'...Is this the expected behavior? Shouldn't be enough to invalidate the read cache? why is it being uploaded again?

Hi Christopher,

After an unexpected reboot on my computer, Cloud Drive is taking so long to recover my 3 drives (GDrive).

After reading a couple threads apart from this one, I reckon that cache size is what mostly affects here. But, should the cached data (read cache) matter here? Or only the 'To Upload' part (write cache)? Or both?. In my case, two out the three drives had practically nothing in 'To upload', and they're also taking lots of time.

In order to reduce recovery time in case of computer 'unsafe' reboot, should I reduce both cache-types? Thank you very much