Disk Space Equalizer Question

BIFFTAZ

Question

Hi, I have drivepool all setup & is working just fine as is, Really pleased with it :) Thank you!!.

The 4 drives I have added to the pool already had files on them, So once I had moved the files I had on the drive initially to the pool, Then deleted the original source files outside of the pool, The drive were unevenly balanced. So I have downloaded the Disk Space Equalizer plugin to fix that, Its at 86% so far. 

My question is, Once it has reached 100% & finished, Should I disable (Uncheck the plugin) the plugin? Or just leave it enabled? Dont want to mess anything up once my files have been added to the pool :/ I only ask because, Once the drives have been balanced, Drivepool will balance the drives automatically when new files are added.

My use case for drivepool is a simple pool/JBOD, I've installed it with all default settings (Disabled Bitlocker_PoolPartUnlockDetect so that drives can sleep) & Disk Space Equalizer plugin (Just in case you were wondering). Simple.

Thanks!!

3 answers to this question

On 12/7/2020 at 7:28 AM, BIFFTAZ said:

My use case for drivepool is a simple pool/JBOD, I've installed it with all default settings (Disabled Bitlocker_PoolPartUnlockDetect so that drives can sleep)

I would like my drives to sleep when not in use. Where do you find the "default settings (Disabled Bitlocker_PoolPartUnlockDetect so that drives can sleep)"? My drives always seem to be powered up and awake. I just want to make sure that I have not changed that default setting. Thanks.

FWIW, I just leave the balancer(s) turned on all the time. DrivePool seems to handle everything without any problems, and the balancers work in the background as needed. I don't notice any DrivePool slow down or lag with my normal work load when the balancer(s) kick in.

10 hours ago, gtaus said:

I would like my drives to sleep when not in use. Where do you find the "default settings (Disabled Bitlocker_PoolPartUnlockDetect so that drives can sleep)"? My drives always seem to be powered up and awake. I just want to make sure that I have not changed that default setting. Thanks.

FWIW, I just leave the balancer(s) turned on all the time. DrivePool seems to handle everything without any problems, and the balancers work in the background as needed. I don't notice any DrivePool slow down or lag with my normal work load when the balancer(s) kick in.

Follow this post here.

Thanks both for the reply's.