Warning: 0 : [FileDuplication] Error checking file for duplication consistency or duplicating file \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolume18\XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Wrobert Nelson

Question

3 answers to this question

fwiw, I took one drive out of the pool and can move data to that drive in a reasonable amount of time.  But then from that drive to the pool takes much, much longer than it use to.  I have enough drives, thinking of breaking the pool down, creating another one, then copying over to the new pool to see if that resolves the issue.  Wondering if a drivepool can somehow become corrupt so that performance suffers.

If you have AV running on the DrivePool machine, try uninstalling (not just "turning off") the AV temporarily to see if it makes a difference. Some don't like the low-level file system driver.

If one or more of the drives in the pool are SMR and have hit their rewrite wall; this can seriously impact pool performance (and similar to RAID arrays, DrivePool when using duplication expects to be able to read and write to multiple drives concurrently).

Another possibility is that you've got a dying drive; a failure mode I've run into is when a drive just gets slower and slower without any other indicator (SMART still reports everything is fine) until finally it stops responding altogether.

I removed two drives from the pool and then started another pool with them.  Writes are what I would expect when moving data to them from an external.  Moving data from the existing pool to the new pool is very slow though.  I am going to just break out one drive at a time and test it then add it back to the new pool.  In the interim slowly move things from the old pool to the new pool.  When I say slow I am talking 12 hours for 100gb slow.  My media library is around 10tb.