Questions about relocating cloud cache (upload data)

Cobalt503

Question

I think I would like to relocate my upload cache my current setup has my D: working over time on everything everything.. Basically a download hits it and then moves it from one spot on the disc to another spot on the disk into the upload cache (hidden directory) to the K: drive with is the cloud drive.. right? So it's like the buffer before things get uploaded but it's on the same drive that all the downloads are coming onto.. and I just really want to reduce cycles on that disk and not worry about losing my cache if the disk dies and then losing my entire cloud disk entirely. 

So I would like to know if it's safe to relocate to the raid drive J: that's made up from the DNT drives (also I'd like to know if there's a way to omit them from view in explorer without regediting).
ALSO how would I do that? How do I relocate the cache? Do I have to detach the drive? And re-attach after it's completed it's uploading? 

So I guess my concern is sending tons of chunks of K: drive upload buffer to the raid drives and them not being designed to handle it as effeciently as a natural drive? 

Like should I just look at buying a new HDD and dedicating it to the cloud buffer storage? (cache)? Maybe a SSD? IDK.. Just lookin for feedback.. 

Also that P: drive is some kind of corruption idk how to get rid of that came about when i tried to make a bootable thumbdrive for some random linux arcade distro and I don't know how to get rid of it.. ignore the caca.. 

wikr3dcTKr.png

1 answer to this question

If you want to remove the "DNT" drives from view then remove the drive letter from Control Panel>System and Security>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk Management

Right click on the drive partition in question and choose to change drive letter and paths and remove the current drive letter. If you still potentially want to access the data but in a less obvious way you can create a new folder somewhere like c:\mount\DNT1 and add this as a mount point by using the add button and NTFS folder option in the same dialogue box that you used to remove the drive letter.

To change the cache location of a Cloud Drive you need to detach it from your computer within the Cloud Dive software and then re-attach it