Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

EEFCliff

Question

Hello,

So I recently had a HD come up as damaged while scanning it. So I removed it from the pool (through DrivePool) and removed all files off of it. It's a Seagate HD so I downloaded SeaTools and scanned the drive and everything seems to be ok with it. When I go to add it back to the pool the Scanner is still showing it as "Damaged". When I try to do a file scan on the drive I get the following Error message:

"Error running file scan:

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown."

I have tried restarting my computer, "End Task" the scanner, changing the Drive letter & also stopping the service and restarting it. Nothing seems to work to get it back online with my Pool. Can anyone assist with this issue? I would really appreciate it. When I try and add the drive back into the pool nothing gets written to it atm. I am running Windows 10 PRO with 16gb Ram. The HD itself is an internal 8TB Compute Drive if that helps.

3 answers to this question

I did try reformatting the Drive but the Quick Format, not the Full option. I have attached the status the HD shows in Scanner where you can see SMART passed. I will try removing the drive from the pool again and doing a full format this time and see if that helps and respond back. Thank for taking the time to try and assist me.

Hard Drive Status.jpg

This attachment also shows the error I am receiving when trying to scan the files. The unreadable sectors shown was before I quick reformatted the disk. I was trying to rescan it to see if the errors still persist, thats when I received the attached error... 

Hard Drive Status 2.jpg